Bede Gaming is a leading supplier of software to the online gambling and social gaming industries. We power some of the biggest brands globally, working in regulated markets and processing hundreds of millions of transactions per month.
Our headquarters are in Newcastle upon Tyne, in the heart of the north-east of England. We also have offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and Toronto, Canada.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Technical Compliance Manager / Officer (depending on experience) to join our Compliance team.
This successful candidate will be a key member of the Compliance team, working across all areas of the business from the technical teams to the business support functions to ensure compliance activities are effectively delivered.
In order to succeed within this role you will either have a technical background or possess a high level of technical understanding on gambling software based on your experience. You will need to have proven experience in interpreting and applying gambling regulation, data protection, information security and other relevant regulations on gambling products. It is essential that you are a self-starter and be able to manage your compliance responsibilities effectively with minimal supervision.
You will gain exposure to and be required to provide compliance support for all jurisdictions Bede operates. Occasional travelling to Bede’s other offices and clients’ site may be required.
- Ensure Bede products are technically compliant in jurisdictions Bede operates
- Play an important role in the cross-functional efforts in managing compliance related events and incidents
- Manage software certification process and provide support to the operator/test labs/regulator in the process
- Manage / assist with regulatory notifications and submissions
- Support the Commercial team in researching technical requirements and regulations for new markets and assist with developing solutions for that market
- Continuously assess product compliance, operational risks, and scheduling of compliance tasks
- Undertake assessments of the effectiveness of the controls Bede has in place
- Create and update Compliance related policies and procedures
- Conduct compliance training and engagement
- Mentor and assist junior members of the compliance team
- Maintain regular contact with key internal and external stakeholders
Education, skills, experience
- At least 2 years experience in technical compliance in the gambling industry (preferably in remote gambling but will consider land-based experience)
- Critical thinker and effective problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, technology focussed environment
- Process high level of technical comprehension and the ability to communicate with engineers in technical terms
- A firm understanding of industry best practice standards and requirements
- A fast learner who is able to quickly obtain a good level of knowledge on product functionalities
- Self-starter, be able to proactively identify any compliance gaps and act on it with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of software supplier’s role and obligations in the gambling industry, as well as its relationship to operators and regulators
- Experience with interfacing with gambling regulators
- Experience in interpreting gambling regulations and assessing technical products compliance
- Experience in performing deep dive gap analysis of product vs. new market requirements
- Experience in assisting investigations into compliance related events or incidents
- Ability to work with various functions including Business Analysis, Solutions, Product Development, QA, Release Quality, Service Delivery, Client Service, Commercial, Information Security, Legal etc.
- Experience in managing compliance training
- Competitive Salary.
- Bupa Healthcare & Cash Plan.
- Mobile Phone.
- Life Assurance.
- Free snacks & breakfast.
- Learning & Development opportunities.
- Awesome socials and parties.